Working permit for working in Sweden
As of 2022, Sweden has launched a new visa, allowing you to stay in Sweden for 3-9 months in order to secure a job. Read about the new rules as of June 2022.
You can find more information on the website of Swedish Migration Office.
In short, here are the new requirements:
- You need to have an advanced degree (master’s degree, PhD, advanced vocational degree/professional degree)
- Have the intention of seeking employment or looking into the possibility of starting your own business in Sweden
- Be able to support yourself financially during the entire residence period
- Have a comprehensive health insurance
- Have a passport that is valid for the entirety of the intended stay
- Be located outside of Sweden
The relocation company Nimmersion is always up to date with the rules and regulations on this topic, if you are interested, you can find interesting information on their LinkedIn profile.
Please note, that this visa will only allow you to be in the country in order to secure a job. Once you have secured a job, an employer needs to apply for the actual working permit for you. Not all companies and employers are certified for the working permit process, so you need to be aware that your potential employer is able to start the process.